Fwd: [Users] boot error - unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0, 0)

Ian jonhson jonhson.ian at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 01:30:20 EDT 2007

Hi,

I guess maybe some configuration in VE is wrong. So I reseted my VE
network as follows.
If there are something wrong, please correct me. Thank you very much.

I booted my system and selected the openvz environment, then

# cat /etc/network/interfaces
The primary network interface
allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet static
    address 192.168.8.54
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    network 10.61.0.0
    broadcast 10.61.0.255
    gateway 192.168.8.1
    dns-nameservers 10.61.0.254
    dns-search anqin-test-debian4
auto eth0

Before I started VE, I set the network by vzctl command,

# vzctl set 777 --ipadd 192.168.8.60 --nameserver 10.61.0.254
--hostname anqin-test-debian4  --save

OK, then I started VE:

# vzctl start 777
# vactl enter 777
# ping 192.168.8.1

The ping command said it can not connect to gateway:192.168.8.1. However,

# ping 192.168.8.54

is OK, VE can connect to VPS.

What is wrong with my setting?