Fwd: [Users] boot error - unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0, 0)

Ian jonhson jonhson.ian at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 07:10:48 EDT 2007

> Have you enabled IP forwarding (as per
> http://wiki.openvz.org/Quick_installation#sysctl)? Are you using real IP
> for your VE?

In where I should enable the IP forwarding, host system or VE (Sysem
image file)?
I enabled the IP forwarding in /etc/sysctl.conf in host system (by
copying configuration directly from
http://wiki.openvz.org/Quick_installation#sysctl), but it isn't work;
it is same when enabled in VE.

I used the real IP. For example, host IP address is 192.168.8.54, and
I set the IP of VE is
192.168.8.55. Both are effective IP addresses.

Then, I started VE.

Under above setting, I entered VE and run  apt-get update. However, I
got error message.
No matter what IPs I pinged, all can not make connection.

What should I do next? Could anybody give me some advices?

Thanks,

Ian