AW: [Users] backup VE with vzdump

Markus Hardiyanto informatics2k1 at yahoo.com
Thu May 24 01:21:56 EDT 2007

does --suspend causing downtime of the VE? if yes how long? in the case a VE have used 40GB of disk space.

i tried to use --snapshot, but it seems that it wants to create new partition on the LVM, while all the space on my disk already allocated to /vz (it's on LVM)

i do have a second HDD which is formated to ext3, can i used it as the backup destination? and how to do it?
i know that there is an option for the backup destination on vzdump, but as i said before, vzdump tried to make new partition on LVM (which is on the main HDD not in the secondary. I intended to backup on the second HDD)

thank yous

Best Regards,
Markus