[Users] Filesystem size limit in the vzquota system ?

VALLET Matthieu matthieu.vallet at renault.com
Wed May 16 10:39:29 EDT 2007

Hi!

We have been using OpenVZ for a few months and are really satisfied with
this project. Thanks a lot.

Neithertheless, we have a problem with one out of three virtual server.
On this one, the quota system fails. The only difference with the two
others is the filesystem size that exceed, in this case, 40 gygabites.

It is possible to activate the quota system with a quite small
filesystem and then to progressively increase its size (with rsync for
example). But, if we try to directly start (or restart) a server on such
a big filesystem, it fails with the error :
vzquota : (error) Quota on syscall for 123: Device or resource busy

Is there a size limit for the filesystem of an OpenVZ virtual server,
with quota enabled?

Thanks for your help.

Matthieu Vallet.

Ce message ainsi que les eventuelles pieces jointes constituent une correspondance privee et confidentielle a l'attention exclusive du destinataire designe ci-dessus. Si vous n'etes pas le destinataire du present message ou une personne susceptible de pouvoir le lui delivrer, il vous est signifie que toute divulgation, distribution ou copie de cette transmission est strictement interdite. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, nous vous remercions d'en informer l'expediteur par telephone ou de lui retourner le present message, puis d'effacer immediatement ce message de votre systeme.
***
This e-mail and any attachments is a confidential correspondence intended only for use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient or the agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by phone or by replying this message, and then delete this message from your system.