[Users] linux-2.6.20-openvz tree

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Tue Mar 27 13:40:16 EDT 2007

On 24.03.2007 17:01, Kir Kolyshkin wrote:
> Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
>> On 23.03.2007 10:01, Kirill Korotaev wrote:
>>
>>> This was possible for years in OpenVZ:
>>>
>>> man vzctl
>>> http://openvz.org/documentation/mans/vzctl.8
>>>
>>> Network devices control parameters
>>> --netdev_add name
>>>     move network device from VE0 to a specified VE --netdev_del name
>>>     delete network device from a specified VE
>>>
>>> this is exactly the thing you are talking about:
>>> you can move eth0 and eth1 to one VE, eth2 and eth3 to another VE
>>> and keep eth4 to HN.
>>>

>> Great! The OpenVZ wiki seemed to suggest that this was not possible.
>>

> Can you fix this wiki page? Or at least point me to it, so I can fix?

http://wiki.openvz.org/Differences_between_venet_and_veth states
"OpenVZ provides you to use either venet or veth devices (or both) for
 in-VE networking."
Suggested new wording:
"OpenVZ provides you to use venet or veth or real ethernet (ethX)
devices (or a combination thereof) for in-VE networking."

This article and the others in Category:Networking never mention the
ability to move ethX devices to a VE.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel