AW: [Users] vzdump - backup utility to make consistent snapshots

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Mon Mar 19 10:35:38 EDT 2007

> Looks really great, thanks! Can I put it to
> download.openvz.org/contrib/? I am also interested in putting
> your template.

That would be great - feel free to upload the files. We can also contribute installation howtos on the wiki if you want.

>  From the quick review (no testing yet) I see the following
> really nice
> things:
> * LVM2 support
> * a man page
> * the fact that you honour both /etc/vz/vz.conf and
> /etc/vz/conf/$VEID.conf
> * rpm/deb packages
>
> Problems:
> * in fact the only problem I see is that the source tarball
> does not contain the top-level directory (usually
> $NAME-$VERSION/), so if you untar it all the files are
> extracted to the current directory which is not good.

I will fix that tomorrow.

> * perhaps having a .spec file for rpm will be better than
> using alien to build rpm. I can mock up one if needed.

Unfortunately I live in a debian world and do not know much about rpm. It would be great if you create a .spec file for me (and some hints howto create the rpm).

- Dietmar