[Users] vzdump - backup utility to make consistent snapshots

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Mon Mar 19 09:53:52 EDT 2007

Looks really great, thanks! Can I put it to
download.openvz.org/contrib/? I am also interested in putting your template.

 From the quick review (no testing yet) I see the following really nice
things:
* LVM2 support
* a man page
* the fact that you honour both /etc/vz/vz.conf and /etc/vz/conf/$VEID.conf
* rpm/deb packages

Problems:
* in fact the only problem I see is that the source tarball does not
contain the top-level directory (usually $NAME-$VERSION/), so if you
untar it all the files are extracted to the current directory which is
not good.
* perhaps having a .spec file for rpm will be better than using alien to
build rpm. I can mock up one if needed.