[Users] I/O stall with SuSE 10 Kernel

Vasily Tarasov vtaras at openvz.org
Mon Feb 26 05:08:51 EST 2007

lst_hoe01 at kwsoft.de wrote:
> Is there a SuSE kompatibel rpm or do i have to compile the kernel
> myself? It is vital to me that the ICP Controller is supported and i
> don't know if the Fedora kernels do.
You can install OpenVZ kernel from rpm using --nodeps option. It should
work properly! If it doesn't - it is a bug. The second way is to compile
kernel yourself.
If your controller is supported by SuSE kernel then with a great chance
it is supported by our kernel. If it isn't supported - file a bug to
OpenVZ and we probably include support of your device. If you want to
know more precisely is your controller supported or note,  send us
output of `lspci` and `lspci -n` commands and we inform you.

HTH,
Vasily