[Users] Re: Ballpark resource requirement for debian apt-get

Jim Archer jim at archer.net
Wed Dec 5 16:36:29 EST 2007

Thanks Vasily...

I have increased the kmemsize limit, as that was the only way to resolve
the issue.  It surprises me that apt-get needs more resources than many of
the other apps I run.  How much of a negative impactdoes increasing
kmemsize have on the rest of the system?  I run AMD64 Etch, but it kmemsize
still a limited resource?