[Users] /dev/fd/3

Steve Hodges shodges at iinet.net.au
Mon Aug 13 13:33:01 EDT 2007

A program in a VE is complaining that it can't open /dev/fd/3

 From reading, it appears that this is the equivalent of asking to open
something with a file descriptor of 3.  So I guess that the devices
option on vzctl isn't going to help me here.

I also find that whilst I have made /dev/hdc available to my VE, I can't
mount the cdrom.  It tells me

mount: unknown filesystem type 'udf'
or
mount: unknown filesystem type 'iso9660'

depending on what I enter in the /etc/fstab.

My host OS is Debian etch, by VE is using a Debian etch template.

This has had me going around in circles for some time :-(

Steve