[Users] Fedora Core 6 ready to use template?

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Fri Apr 13 12:42:10 EDT 2007

Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> 	Even updating from CentOS 4 to CentOS 5 isn't working.  The conflict
> exists if it doesn't find a kernel package it likes (in this case it
> doesn't even exist).  You can install the kernel package (which can be
> removed later, if you care) and then vzyum will update a bunch of
> packages, including initscripts, and update even more when you run a
> final vzyum update after the vzyum install.  But the resulting VE in non
> functional.  Trying to enter the running VE, I get a "Unable to open
> pty: No such file or directory".  No joy either way.

All I can provide now are a few hints. CentOS 5 template will be
available in a few weeks or so.

1. Check if /dev is hosted on tmpfs. If yes -- find out where in
initscripts /dev is mounted using tmpfs, and get rid of this mount.

2. Try to (forcibly I suppose) remove udev package from the VE, and
install back vzdev package.

3. Copy the /dev/ttyp* and /dev/ptyp* devices from VE0 into VE.

4. Make sure /dev/pts is mounted inside a VE.

5. Check if your kernel is compiled with the following options:

CONFIG_UNIX98_PTYS=y
CONFIG_LEGACY_PTYS=y