[Users] Would a hardware change break LAN configuration?

Kirill Korotaev dev at sw.ru
Tue Apr 10 02:54:51 EDT 2007

Jim,

No OpenVZ doesn't affect networking directly
Most likely you have misconfigured something.
it can be different situations:
- e.g. devices were renamed after the addition. i.e. eth0 become eth2 etc.
  and settings are applied to wrong devices.
- VPSs can stop talking to LAN if default routing is via these unworking devices.
- etc. etc. etc.
to be able to resolve it we need dmesg from both boots (with and w/o PCI-X),
and 2 outputs of:
# ip a l
# ip r l
# iptables -L