[Users] Would a hardware change break LAN configuration?

Jim Archer jim at archer.net
Tue Apr 10 00:11:20 EDT 2007

Hi All…

I have a SuperMicro system running OpenVZ on Debian Etch AMD64.  It has 2
ethernet ports on the system board.  Recently, I added a PCI-X dual port
Ethernet card.  I was unable to make these two ports talk to the network
and also, this addition caused the VPSes to be unable to talk to the LAN.
I deconfigured the new ports in /etc/network/interfaces and fixed it after
a reboot.

Is there any reason OpenVZ would have caused this?  I can’t seem to find
an alternative cause but I can’t see why OpenVZ would do it either.

Thanks…