[Users] HN System

Kirill Korotaev dev at sw.ru
Sun Feb 5 05:37:33 EST 2006

> this was the message from Kir:
> From: "Kir Kolyshkin" <kir at openvz.org>
>> Daniel Bauer wrote:
>>> so is it possible to patch a 9.3 kernel with the sources of OpenVZ
>>
>> I believe not, since SuSE 9.3 is based on quite a different kernel
>> then that used as a base for OpenVZ. Instead you just take standard
>> OpenVZ kernel and complain if something doesn't work (everything
>> should work if your system supports kernel 2.6).
>
> so I think there is no way to patch the kernel?!
There is no patched SUSE9.3 kernel yeah, but it is not required very
much, is it? There is no much special in SUSE kernels except for bug
fixes, drivers etc. And this is what we do in OpenVZ as well.

> No also the normal FC4 installation fails with accessing the Smart Array
> as installation destination. The message is "no space on device", but I
> allowed to take the hole disk (54GB). So if Fedora is not running and
> I'm not able to install the OpenVZ Kernel.
You can install CentOS4.2, SUSE9.3 or whatever distribution which
supports your hardware. If OpenVZ kernel won't support this hardware we
just need lspci information from you to find out the driver which will
support it.

Kirill