[Users] HN System

Daniel Bauer mlist at dsb-gmbh.de
Sun Feb 5 04:55:46 EST 2006

Hi Kirill,

From: "Kirill Korotaev" <dev at sw.ru>
>> is Fedora the only HN System?
> No, OpenVZ runs perfectly on almost any Linux distribution.
> It definetly works find on RHEL, CentOS, Fedora, SUSE, SLES, Slackware
> and Debian.

this was the message from Kir:
From: "Kir Kolyshkin" <kir at openvz.org>
> Daniel Bauer wrote:
>> so is it possible to patch a 9.3 kernel with the sources of OpenVZ
>
> I believe not, since SuSE 9.3 is based on quite a different kernel
> then that used as a base for OpenVZ. Instead you just take standard
> OpenVZ kernel and complain if something doesn't work (everything
> should work if your system supports kernel 2.6).

so I think there is no way to patch the kernel?!

>> I've installed successfully Fedora Core 4 on a small server and
>> activated OpenVZ, but I couldn't install it on the main server
>> (Compaq Proliant DL760, 8 CPU, 12 GB RAM).
> It the problem with Fedora Core 4, i.e. it can't work on your Compaq
> or with OpenVZ kernel?
> What is exactly your problem with it?

No also the normal FC4 installation fails with accessing the Smart Array
as installation destination. The message is "no space on device", but I
allowed to take the hole disk (54GB). So if Fedora is not running and
I'm not able to install the OpenVZ Kernel.

Bye
Daniel