[Users] Access Cdrom, reboot and other questions

Kirill Korotaev dev at sw.ru
Mon Dec 18 12:40:50 EST 2006

Romeo Theriault,

> Thank you for your response. It is true I was not waiting long enough for
> the reboots to actually happen, though upon looking at the cron file, it is
> set to check every 5 minutes. Not a big deal, I can change it if I need to.
>
> Though with the cdrom part of the question, upon your suggestion I set my
> vps to access the cdrom like this:
>
> vzctl set 104 --devices b:3:0:r --save
>
> I found the 3 and 0 from doing a ls -l /dev/hda
>
> So then I ssh'ed into vps 104 and tried mounting the cd with this:
> mount /dev/hda /mnt/cdrom/
>
> but I tells me I must specify the fs type, so I do:
> mount -t iso9660 /dev/hda  /mnt/cdrom/
>
> And it tells me that iso9660 is not supported by the kernel. But I can mount
> the cd just fine on the HW node without specifying a fs type.
Oh, you are right. isofs is disabled by default in VE, since
it is a potential security risk.
You can apply the following patch to enable it:
http://download.openvz.org/contrib/kernel-patches/isofs.patch

> Also, when you say "bindmount" do you mean just mount the cd under the vps's
> dir's, like this:
>
> mount /dev/had /vz/root/104/mnt/cdrom

> Or does bindmount mean something else?
you can do the above, thougho I actually meant:
# mount /dev/hda /mnt/cdrom
# mount --bind /mnt/cdrom /vz/root/104/mnt/cdrom

> Am I missing something with the vzctl command?
No :)

Kirill