[Users] Access Cdrom, reboot and other questions

Romeo Theriault romeotheriault at fastmail.fm
Mon Dec 18 12:21:53 EST 2006

Thank you for your response. It is true I was not waiting long enough for
the reboots to actually happen, though upon looking at the cron file, it is
set to check every 5 minutes. Not a big deal, I can change it if I need to.

Though with the cdrom part of the question, upon your suggestion I set my
vps to access the cdrom like this:

vzctl set 104 --devices b:3:0:r --save

I found the 3 and 0 from doing a ls -l /dev/hda

So then I ssh'ed into vps 104 and tried mounting the cd with this:
mount /dev/hda /mnt/cdrom/

but I tells me I must specify the fs type, so I do:
mount -t iso9660 /dev/hda  /mnt/cdrom/

And it tells me that iso9660 is not supported by the kernel. But I can mount
the cd just fine on the HW node without specifying a fs type.

Also, when you say "bindmount" do you mean just mount the cd under the vps's
dir's, like this:

mount /dev/had /vz/root/104/mnt/cdrom

Or does bindmount mean something else?

Am I missing something with the vzctl command?

Thanks again

Romeo