[Users] OpenVZ on Fedora Core 5 (networking question)

Aleksandar amour at rousse.org
Tue Apr 25 08:49:32 EDT 2006

Hello,

after installing and successfully running one OpenVZ VPS I wasn't able
to ping or ssh to the VPS. After analyzing a little bit I came to the
following:
1) host venet0 isn't configured even after   vzctl start 101
2) venet0 in the guest (vps) is set to 127.0.0.1

Is this normal ? I've assigned 10.0.0.1 to the VPS and if I manually
configure host's venet0 to 10.0.0.2 and guest's venet0 to 10.0.0.1
(through vzctl exec) I'm being able to ping and ssh to the vps.

Also, could someone point me to some detailed information about the
OpenVZ networking concept ? Is it like vmware (separate interfaces) ? Is
it like jail (ethernet aliases) ? The only thing I found about
networking was "vzctl set XYZ --ipadd A.B.C.D" :)

thanks,
Aleksandar