[Users] Re: How to deal with existing customers?

Jonathan j at firebright.com
Mon Sep 12 06:23:57 EDT 2005

Hey, thanks for both the replies...

So, what is the relationship between SW-Soft and OpenVirtuozzo?  Like,
for example, support?  Is this the same team of people, or a different
team of folks, or what?  I'm thinking of adding OV to the product lineup
(it's perfect for some of the implementations we are currently using
some competing products for, and it would be great to leverage the same
expertise accross both our OS and Comm channels), so I'm really curious
about the support deal you guys laid out on the site.  A six hour
response time and three incedents a month is perfect for what I'm
thinking of.

We are partners, and do intend to keep on working with the commercial
side of the business.  But it would be great to be able to lay the OV
lineup underneath some of hosted services implementations (it's not a
price point that makes sense for commercial Virtuozzo, but we're quite
competent systems and application programmers, so it'd be pretty easy).
Where does support come from, and how does it really compare?  P (to
remain anonymous for those who don't know) and his team, or some Open
Source team, or someone else?

Jonathan