[Devel] [Q] migrating inotify assigned on ploop device

Cyrill Gorcunov gorcunov at virtuozzo.com
Tue Jan 12 02:16:54 PST 2016

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 01:12:04PM +0300, Pavel Emelyanov wrote:

> Easily.
>
> One cannot just use protobuf API, as criu images are slightly more
> that protobuf. What I propose is the recode action for crit, that
> would open an image, decode it, apply changes specified in command
> line (exact syntax is TBD) and write them out modified.

This sounds good but I see at least one problem (for native C/R case)

- suspend container
- ploop changed
- start restore
- recode images
- do restore
- restore fails and we have only modified images with former ploop name
  mangled

Should we work on images copy instead? Which gonna be horrible design :)

> On restore we need to patch criu to spawn crit with recode action and
> necessary recode rules. CRIT then would read data from images and write
> them back to criu via pipe.
>
> -- Pavel

	Cyrill