[Devel] CentOS Images and openvz

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Wed Feb 10 09:45:41 PST 2016

Greetings,

----- Original Message -----
> Most of the complaints stem around compromised instances, or bad yum
> repo definitions or non managed / non manageable content being
> included in the instance content etc. So it would be good to start with a
> solid instance (template ?) and try to promote that.

One additional comment regarding that.  The OpenVZ Project does host "contributed" OS Templates from community members.  Those are not really vetted by the OpenVZ Project and are offered "as is"...  and would be the most open to containing compromised bits... however... again... to the best of my knowledge, we have not had a single report of a bad contributed OS Template.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street