[Devel] Running Debian 8 Jessie as OpenVZ Hostnode?

Lope lopeonline at gmail.com
Sat May 23 02:12:37 PDT 2015

Hi,

I've not been successful trying to install OpenVZ on the current stable
version of Debian 8 Jessie.

I was able to boot the OpenVZ stab108 kernel on Debian 8 Jessie with
SysVinit.

However I could not start a container.
First it gave an error about not finding a kernel module. So I
modprobe'd it, and then it gave a different error. It said something
about the kernel being really old and not supporting stuff (maybe it was
ploop, can't remember). Strange message because it was running an OpenVZ
kernel.

For now I have to run OpenVZ on Debian OldStable 7.8 Wheezy, inside KVM.

Details here, perhaps we can continue the discussion on the forum?
http://forum.openvz.org/index.php?t=msg&th=12907