[Devel] crash: vz extension for OpenVZ kernels

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Thu Apr 30 08:57:34 PDT 2015

----- Original Message -----
> On 30.04.2015 18:02, Dave Anderson wrote:
> >> I've prepared vz crash extension with commands
> >> useful for troubleshooting of OpenVZ kernel crashes.
> >>
> >> Could you please review the patch and advise how it's better
> >> to distribute this extension.
> >
> > I no longer accept extension modules as part of the base
> > crash utility package.  However, I do offer to host them
> > on the crash extension modules page that is available from
> > the main web site.  Would you like me to post the module there?
>
> Yes, let's post current version on your crash extension modules page.
>
> However I could you please clarify, what should I do in case of code
> modification?
>
> As far as I understand listed extensions are not included in your repository
> and you are not maintain them.

Correct.

> Should I publish my extension module in some external repository, maintain it,
> and notify you about important changes via crash-utility mailing list?

Whether you publish it somewhere externally is up to you.  But for maintenance
purposes, simply post a patch, or send an updated copy of vz.c, to this list
and I'll plug it in.

Here you go, either to the top of the extensions page, or directly to your module:

  http://people.redhat.com/anderson/extensions.html
  http://people.redhat.com/anderson/extensions.html#VZ

Thanks,
  Dave