[Devel] crash: vz extension for OpenVZ kernels

Vasily Averin vvs at odin.com
Thu Apr 30 08:43:18 PDT 2015

On 30.04.2015 18:02, Dave Anderson wrote:
>> I've prepared vz crash extension with commands
>> useful for troubleshooting of OpenVZ kernel crashes.
>>
>> Could you please review the patch and advise how it's better
>> to distribute this extension.
>
> I no longer accept extension modules as part of the base
> crash utility package.  However, I do offer to host them
> on the crash extension modules page that is available from
> the main web site.  Would you like me to post the module there?

Yes, let's post current version on your crash extension modules page.

However I could you please clarify, what should I do in case of code modification?

As far as I understand listed extensions are not included in your repository
and you are not maintain them.

Should I publish my extension module in some external repository, maintain it,
and notify you about important changes via crash-utility mailing list?

Thank you,
	Vasily Averin