[Devel] Re: Fwd: Re: lxc-performance?

MALATTAR mouhannad.alattar at univ-fcomte.fr
Thu Oct 14 06:41:53 PDT 2010

  Le 12/10/2010 07:05, KAMEZAWA Hiroyuki a écrit :
> On Fri, 08 Oct 2010 10:09:51 +0200
> MALATTAR<mouhannad.alattar at univ-fcomte.fr>  wrote:
>
>> Le 07/10/2010 16:43, MALATTAR a écrit :
>>> 06.10.2010 23:41, MALATTAR ?????:

>>> />/  more than 70 MB as memory even though the memory limit for it is much
>>> />/  bigger than this value,
>>> /
>>> How do you measure memory usage?
>> by using the command:
>> lxc-cgroup -n dora1 memory.usage_in_bytes
>>>    What's in memory.max_usage_in_bytes of
>>> the container's cgroup?
>> executing the next command lxc-cgroup -n dora1 memory.max_usage_in_bytes
>> gave me 70193152 bytes
>>
> Hmm. what latencytop shows ?
>
> You can see this kind of output.
> ==
> Cause                                                Maximum     Percentage
> Writing a page to disk                            551.6 msec         36.8 %
> Fork() system call                                273.7 msec          1.1 %
> Page fault                                        253.9 msec         29.5 %
> Writing buffer to disk (synchronous)              225.9 msec          2.9 %
> Creating block layer request                      202.7 msec         17.1 %
> Walking directory tree                            161.5 msec          1.4 %
> [congestion_wait]                                  97.6 msec          4.4 %
> Executing a program                                97.1 msec          0.3 %
> synchronous write                                  73.9 msec          0.1 %
> ==
>
> IMHO, if memory limit is the problem, "Page Fault" tend to be big.
>

> Thanks,
> -Kame

executing latencytop during the execution of my program gave me:
Cause
Maximum     Percentage
fsync() on a file (type 'F' for details)                      45.1
msec       2.2 %
Waiting for event (poll)                                          5.0
msec         47.9 %
Userspace lock contention                                    5.0
msec         43.1 %
Waiting for event (select)                                      4.8
msec          5.7 %
Throttling GPU while waiting for commands         3.4 msec          0.4 %
[i915_do_wait_request]                                         3.3
msec          0.5 %
Waiting for data on unix socket                             0.3
msec          0.1 %
Waiting for TTY data                                              0.2
msec          0.1 %

Process mysqld (291)                               Total:   2.3 msec
Waiting for data on unix socket                     0.3 msec        100.0 %

It seems that there is no problem...

also memtest command was able to allocate up to 1024MB but it takes a
long time
for one loop only ...
So, i think the problem is in my program not in the container, is not it?

a+

--
Mouhannad AlATTAR
Doctorant à L’UFR Sciences,Techniques et Gestion de l’Industrie