[Devel] Re: commit 7534432dcc3c654a8671b6b0cdffd1dbdbc73074

Serge E. Hallyn serue at us.ibm.com
Thu Jan 22 18:06:03 PST 2009

Quoting Paul Menage (menage at google.com):
> On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 10:47 AM, Serge E. Hallyn <serue at us.ibm.com> wrote:
> > #!/bin/bash
> > mount -t cgroup -o freezer none /cgroup
> > sleep 100 &
> > pid=`jobs -p`
>
> You can use $! to refer to the most recently started background process.

Hah - thanks, I actually looked for something like that but couldn't
find it.

> > mkdir /cgroup/1
> > echo $pid > /cgroup/1/tasks
> > umount /cgroup
> > mount -t cgroup -o freezer,ns none /cgroup
>
> This command should have failed with EBUSY, since freezer is already
> part of an existing hierarchy. So I think it's a red herring in this
> problem.
>
> > mount -t cgroup -o freezer none /cgroup
> > #kill %1
>
> Is there a reason for this commented-out line?

Sorry, I'd meant to look into whether that needed
to be there or not, but decided to put it off until
after git bisecting, then forgot, probably because
the bisect result was so confusing.

I see you already sent a patch for the *real*
problem, thanks!

-serge