[Devel] Re: Pid namespaces problems

Daniel Lezcano daniel.lezcano at free.fr
Wed Nov 7 01:00:23 PST 2007

Cedric Le Goater wrote:
>>> - There are several architectures with their own signal functions for
>>>   other OS compatibility that have are using _pid and not _vpid
>>>   variants of functions. (irix and solaris)
>>>   arch/mips/kernel/irixsig.c:irix_waitsys
>>>   arch/mips/kernel/sysirix.c:irix_setpgrp
>>>   arch/sparc64/solaris/misc.c:solaris_procids
>> Ok. Looks like your list is the same as mine. That's good to hear
>> that I haven't missed anything important.
>
> We've also talked about af_unix credentials.
>
>> So, I see that you're about to take a closer look at the pid
>> namespaces. If so, then what time can we expect the net namespace
>> activity to go on? Or (if you don't mind) can we start merging
>> the patches to David as soon as he opens his 2.6.25 merge window?
>
> I think daniel and benjamin are also getting ready for the 2.6.25
> merge window.

Yes. It can be cool if we can sync up Benjamin, Pavel, Denis, Eric and I
with the different parts to be posted. Benjamin and I we began to look
at ipv4. This is a big part, perhaps we can split that into several
subset and dispatch them, except if Pavel and Denis already rebase ipv4
for net-2.6, in this case feel free to send them out.