[Devel] Re: Pid namespace patchsets review

Eric W. Biederman ebiederm at xmission.com
Fri Mar 9 22:05:43 PST 2007

It is good to see these patches are starting to come together.

Be patient a good review is going to take me a little bit.

A couple of immediate things I see that would be nice to address before
we aim at merging these patches upstream.

- Since there are known cases that we still need to convert to use struct
  pid can we disable the clone/unshare unless we have the CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL
  flag set.  And a comment in Kconfig saying we are almost but not quite
  there yet.  With that in place I would have no problems with the idea
  of merging all of the bits needed to have multiple pid namespaces before
  we finish making the code pid namespace safe.

- When we do the rename can we please rename it task_proxy and have the functions
  follow that naming.  The resource limiting conversation seems to be going in
  that direction, and it more general then what we are using now.

- At a first skim the patches didn't quite feel like they were git-bisect safe.
  I haven't looked closely enough to be certain yet.

Eric