[Devel] Pid namespace patchsets review

sukadev at us.ibm.com sukadev at us.ibm.com
Fri Mar 9 19:55:12 PST 2007

Hi

I am sending out three sets of patches for review/comments on the
overall approach/design of the pid namespace.

First set is actually a single, trivial patch that defines/uses wrappers
to get/set the pid namespace of a task.

The second PATCHSET of 6 patches attaches a list of struct pid_nrs which
allow unsharing of pid namespace and thus allow a process to have a pid_t
value, one in each pid namespace.

The third PATCHSET of 5 patches attempt to decouple pid namespace from
nsproxy and allow us to exit pid_namespace independent of other namespaces
(i.e a more complete fix for the nfsd exit problem we ran into a few weeks
ago).

Appreciate your feedback/comments.

Note: The patches depend on a few other pid namespace patches that we already
      looked at on Containers list in the recent past (mostly the patchset
      to statically initialize a struct pid for swapper).

      If you want to apply the patches and try out the clone/unshare, please
      let me know and I can point you to a tarball of the complete quilt
      patchset to apply on 2.6.20-mm2 and our simple unit test program.

Suka