[Devel] Re: megaraid_mbox: garbage in file

Vasily Averin vvs at sw.ru
Fri May 5 02:21:58 PDT 2006

Small update:

When I use
cat /vz/private/101/root/etc/ld.so.cache >/tmp/ttt
I've get "access beyond end of device" and garbage in buffers

Then I create the same scsi read command by using sgp_dd utils:
sgp_dd count=26 if=/dev/sg0 skip=871769260 of=/tmp/ttt.sgp
and get correct file content without any errors.

The only difference that I see is use_sg=3 for cat and use_sg=1 for dd.

dmesg with scsi debugs and output files are attached.

Node will be accessible for some time and I can perform some experiments. If
somebody wants I can request the customer about access on the node.

Thank you,
	Vasily Averin

SWsoft Virtuozzo/OpenVZ Linux kernel team