[Devel] Re: Separate logfile and console loglevel

Kristian F. Høgh kfh at segtel.dk
Tue Dec 5 04:08:02 PST 2006

On Tuesday den 5. December 2006 12:40, Igor Sukhih wrote:
> Kristian F. HЬgh wrote:

> >> I'm Ok with it the only problem  the --verbose option already released
> >> and this is can break already worked scripts.
> >
> > --verbose still works. It increments current verbose by 1.
> > If I run:
> > vzctl --verbose=0 --verbose --verbose start 1010
> > verbose will be 2 (0 + 1 + 1)
>
> If I correctly understand  you will process --verbose and --verbose=0
> the same way?
> So 'vzctl --verbose ' will work as well?
Yes it will.

If /etc/vz/vz.conf contains VERBOSE=1 (or no VERBOSE at all)
vzctl --verbose ..., will result in verbose level 2

If /etc/vz/vz.conf contains VERBOSE=0, the command:
vzctl --verbose ..., will result in verbose level 1

If /etc/vz/vz.conf contains VERBOSE=2, the command:
vzctl --verbose=0 --verbose ..., will result in verbose level 1,
as VERBOSE is ignored if commandline contains --verbose="number"

<Stupid example>
/etc/vz/vz.conf contains VERBOSE=99
vzctl --verbose --verbose=1 --verbose --verbose ...

verbose=99, +1, verbose=1, +1, +1. The resulting verbose will be 3:
</Stupid example>

/Kristian.