[Devel] Packaging of kernel-patch-openvz for Debian

Ola Lundqvist opal at debian.org
Mon Apr 3 12:54:59 PDT 2006

Hello

I'm in the process of packaging kernel-patch-openvz for Debian
and I have a few questions:

* In the kernel patch that I downloaded from your download
  section
  http://download.openvz.org/beta/kernel/026test005.1/patches/
  I see a lot of references to the following copyright statement.
  Licensing governed by "linux/COPYING.SWsoft" file.

  The problem is that no such file exist in the patch, nor in any
  other place that I can find.

  In order for it to be included into Debian it need to be clear
  that this is GPL software and right now it is not possible
  to determine (more than looking on the webpage and that can be
  changed later).

* Is there any other that have copyright on this?

Well that is all for now.

Regards,

// Ola

/  opal at debian.org                     Annebergsslingan 37      \
|  opal at lysator.liu.se                 654 65 KARLSTAD          |
|  +46 (0)54-10 14 30                  +46 (0)70-332 1551       |
|  http://www.opal.dhs.org             UIN/icq: 4912500         |