[Debian] VPS with Vswap

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Tue Aug 7 08:53:29 EDT 2012

On 08/07/2012 09:33 AM, Lin Han wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just migrated from an openvz VPS with 2 GB Dedicated RAM and 1 GB Burst
> to an openvz VPS with 2 GB Dedicated RAM and 1 GB vswap.
>

> The old VPS was in a node with SolusVM and CentOS 5 and
> the new VPS is in a node with SolusVM and CentOS 6.
>
> It seems to be that Debian 6/64 cannot support(use) vswap
> and I have this error message.
>
> bash: xmalloc: ../bash/locale.c:73: cannot allocate 2 bytes (0 bytes
> allocated)
>

> Does Debian Squeeze 6/64 run in a VPS with Vswap?

VSwap is a feature provided by the kernel, and it is unrelated to a
distribution
that you run inside an OpenVZ container.

So this question is not Debian-specific, thus replying to users@ in Cc.

> Any ideas about how I can fix that error?

You haven't provided enough information to find out what is wrong.
Missing info is: your kernel version, /proc/user_beancounters contents etc.

Try reading this: http://wiki.openvz.org/Resource_shortage
It might help.