[Debian] Re: lenny updates

dann frazier dannf at dannf.org
Fri Mar 20 16:33:37 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 09:46:27PM +0300, Kir Kolyshkin wrote:
> Yet one more important fix while we're at it.
>
> This fixes udev in a container, OpenVZ bug #1195. Not a security fix but
> quite important functionality issue since many distros rely on udev by
> default nowdays.

Thanks Kir. I've filed a report to track this issue. (In general, we
try to have a bug report for each issue we fix in a stable update).

Can you elaborate on the impact of this bug? Does it break all virtual
servers that require udev, Gentoo being an example? I take it that
Debian virtual servers aren't affected (or we'd hear a lot more
screaming) - is that because they are typically configuerd to run
without udev?

--
dann frazier