[Debian] Re: lenny updates

Ola Lundqvist ola at inguza.com
Mon Mar 16 16:38:26 EDT 2009

Hi Kir

Do it need to be in the changelog? In the file debian/patches/series/14-extra
all the files are listed explicitly.

Would that be enough?

Best regards,

// Ola

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 11:30:57PM +0300, Kir Kolyshkin wrote:
> I hope that changelog will include something to uniquely identify the
> patches that were included. The best thing would be to have git commit
> IDs, but anything else that can be used to find out git commit id is
> fine, too.
>
> Note that commit ID can be shortened to say first 8 chars without a high
> risk of collisions.
>
> Ola Lundqvist wrote:
> >Ok added as well. I'll make a new proposed patch soon.
> >
> >Best regards,
> >
> >// Ola
> >
> >On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 09:46:27PM +0300, Kir Kolyshkin wrote:
> >
> >>Yet one more important fix while we're at it.
> >>
> >>This fixes udev in a container, OpenVZ bug #1195. Not a security fix but
> >>quite important functionality issue since many distros rely on udev by
> >>default nowdays.

/  ola at inguza.com                    Annebergsslingan 37        \
|  opal at debian.org                   654 65 KARLSTAD            |
|  http://inguza.com/                Mobile: +46 (0)70-332 1551 |
\  gpg/f.p.: 7090 A92B 18FE 7994 0C36 4FE4 18A1 B1CF 0FE5 3DD9  /