[Debian] Re: lenny updates

Ola Lundqvist ola at inguza.com
Thu Mar 5 04:22:09 EST 2009

Hi Cedric

I think we have a misunderstanding now. I think Kir asked me about the
kenerl used in Debian now for planning of ABI++ updates.

But I may be wrong.

Thanks for the answer anyway.

Best regards,

// Ola

Quoting Cedric Jeanneret <cedric.jeanneret at camptocamp.com>:

> Hi again.
>
> It's simply the latests stable release from openvz.org :
> 2.6.18-92.1.18.el5.028stab060.2
>
> to use it under debian (as it's an rpm), simply do:
> alien <package>
> dpkg -i <package.deb>
> updateinitramfs
> update-grub
> and check it's the default kernel in case you reboot.
>
> Regards,
>
> C.
>
> On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 22:35:01 +0300
> Kir Kolyshkin <kir at openvz.org> wrote:
>
>> Ola Lundqvist wrote:
>> > Hi Kir

>> > For "normal" packages we can only provide small changes. I assume the
>> > same rule apply to kernel updates as well.

>> > Absolutely! We can document them in separate bug reports if needed.
>>
>> All right, can you give us an idea of what kernel do you currently have?
>> Either a version or a git commit id.
>>
>> Then I hope Pavel will take a look and pick up the most important stuff.
>

> --
> Cédric Jeanneret                 |  System Administrator
> 021 619 10 32                    |  Camptocamp SA
> cedric.jeanneret at camptocamp.com  |  PSE-A / EPFL

/  ola at inguza.com                    Annebergsslingan 37        \
|  opal at debian.org                   654 65 KARLSTAD            |
|  http://inguza.com/                Mobile: +46 (0)70-332 1551 |
\  gpg/f.p.: 7090 A92B 18FE 7994 0C36 4FE4 18A1 B1CF 0FE5 3DD9  /