[Debian] Re: lenny updates

dann frazier dannf at dannf.org
Wed Mar 4 15:13:54 EST 2009

On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 10:27:55PM +0300, Kir Kolyshkin wrote:
> Since it's gonna be ABI++ anyway, we'd like to take a look at what we have
> in git and maybe recommend some other critical/important bugfixes. Ideally
> we'd like Debian to just pull from our git (i.e. merge all the patches we
> have there), but as I understand this is not how things are working here.
>
> So, will it be helpful / worth it if we come with such a list of highly
> recommended patches?

It certainly wouldn't hurt :). If you like, feel free to file
a bug for each one (we need to have a bug open for issues we fix in a
stable release) - or, if you'd prefer to just send a list via e-mail
as a first pass, that'd work too.

Note that any issue we fix needs to be of >= important severity (see
bugs.debian.org for severity definitions). Non RC bugs (e.g.,
severity=important) need to have a very low risk of regression.

Thanks Kir!

--
dann frazier