[Debian] Debian OVZ kernel versioning

Vasily Tarasov vtaras at openvz.org
Wed Jun 6 10:11:45 EDT 2007

Hello, Ola,

I've just found out that when users utilize Debian OpenVZ patch, uname
shows "not convenient" information while running these kernels:

uname -a Linux <somehost> 2.6.18-openvz-12-1-686 #1 SMP Tue May 1
04:59:12 CEST 2007 i686 GNU/Linux

When users inform us about some problem with OpenVZ, they usually attach
uname output. But I can't say anything about 2.6.18-openvz-12-1-686
version! Some time or help is needed to understand, that it's 028test018
kernel...

Can you, please, add some information about upstream version in "uname
output"? :)

Thanks,
Vasily.