[CRIU] Seeking Advice on Implementing CRIU for Process Recovery in Clang-REPL Project

sahil patidar sahilpatidar60 at gmail.com
Sat May 18 14:34:37 MSK 2024

Dear CRIU Community,

My name is Sahil Patidar, and I am currently working on a project
focused on out-of-process execution for Clang-REPL
https://discourse.llvm.org/t/clang-out-of-process-execution-for-clang-repl/68225.
The primary objective of this project is to execute statements in a
separate executor (specifically llvm-jitlink-executor) and communicate
with the main Clang-REPL process via pipe or TCP for input and output
transfer.

One of the challenges we are encountering is the possibility of the
executor process (llvm-jitlink-executor) crashing while executing a
statement. In such a scenario, the executor process terminates
abruptly. To address this issue, we are exploring the possibility of
leveraging CRIU features in our project to recover the process from a
crash.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions, advice, or best practices
that you could offer regarding the implementation of CRIU in our
project. Specifically, how can we effectively utilize CRIU to recover
the executor process in the event of a crash? Thank you for your time
and assistance. I look forward to your valuable insights.

Best regards,
Sahil Patidar