[CRIU] Diagnosing Parasite Dumping Failure Error

Kharbanda, Shreyas skharban at purdue.edu
Tue Jun 28 17:32:27 MSK 2022

Hello,

I have been trying to setup CRIU v3.13 inside a privileged docker container (A dockerized CRIU Image is bundled as part of the Dockerfile on an Alpine Linux Base) to checkpoint a certain process. The containers run inside a Kubernetes cluster on a fresh install of Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.

I have done some sanity checks, namely running the `criu check` command from within the container. Apart from `criu check`, I have checked for various privilege accesses and all come back positive.

The `criu check` command returns the following:

Error (criu/util.c:610): exited, status=1
Error (criu/util.c:610): exited, status=1
Warn  (criu/kerndat.c:839): Can't keep kdat cache on non-tempfs
Looks good.

I am currently trying to get the `simple loop` example (https://criu.org/Simple_loop) working. After following the instructions, I see that dumping the process fails with error code -1.

I have attached the verbose log along with this email for additional details.

I haven’t had much success in finding a solution to the problem in the GitHub issues, and I’d really appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Best,
Shreyas.