[CRIU] Upload 3.16 tarball

Kirill Kolyshkin kolyshkin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 01:10:38 MSK 2021

On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 1:54 PM Adrian Reber <adrian at lisas.de> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 01:36:08PM -0700, Kirill Kolyshkin wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 11:20 AM Adrian Reber <adrian at lisas.de> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello Pavel,
> > >
> > > to make the 3.16 release complete one step is missing. According to the
> > > wiki it is:
> > >
> > >   Upload tarball: make tar && scp $tarball xemul at download.openvz.org:/var/www/html/criu/
> > >
> > > Can you do that please? As it includes your username it seems like you
> > > have to do that.
> >
> > I have prepared and uploaded the tarball -- please check and let me
> > know if anything is wrong.
>
> Thanks. It has the same checksum as if I do a 'make tar' locally.
> Perfect.
>
> > There's a group of people who can do it (can add you if you like).
>
> Sure. Please do.

OTOH Andrey suggested using codeload.github.com for getting releases,
and so I modified wiki templates to use it for criu >= 3.

I just realized since it merely packs the tarball, and we do have all the tags
in git, the above version >= 3 switch (which I spent 20 minutes writing) is not
really needed, IOW we can use github for all releases.

Anyway, I think it's not important, let it stay as is.

PS Adrian, do you plan to update criu ppa repo? I have some runc changes
that depend on cgroup v2 fixes in criu 3.16, and would really like to use it,
instead of going back to compiling criu from source in CI.

If you do, please add Debian_11 to the repo matrix.