[CRIU] GSoC 2021 aspirant

Nithin Jaikar J jaikar006 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 16:37:22 MSK 2021

Hello everyone,
I am Nithin jaikar, Junior undergraduate student from India. This my first
step for being a part of an open source community. I have worked on some
hardware projects and would love to contribute and learn. I am looking
forward to contribute and be a part of the organization in the name GSoC
2021 and after it as well. I have been exploring CRIU from past few days,
the code base and projects are complex and challenging.
I installed CRIU on,
1. Kali Linux 2021.1, failed to install because of dependency errors.
2. Ubuntu 20.10,20.04 - successfully installed.
3. Red Hat server 8 -installed using 'yum' but failed with 'make'.
In the process, I learnt a lot but couldn't figure out a lot .Please
suggest few resources to have a good understanding of both concept and code