[CRIU] [GSoC 2019] Interested in CRIU project

Pavel Emelianov xemul at virtuozzo.com
Tue Mar 12 19:05:45 MSK 2019

On 3/12/19 4:58 AM, James Cui wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
>     This is James Cui who are interested in the CRIU project "Porting CRIT functionalities in GO" as the GSoC. Short introduction about me. I am CS student in Columbia University and interested in system programming. CRIU seems a very cool software and I would like to spend time on this.

Welcome aboard :)

> Regarding the project, is it already been picked by other students, or is it still available?

It's still available, though the application process is only in its beginning.

> If I want to prepare for this project, what code or documents should I look at?

I think it's OK to start with https://criu.org/Category:Images articles, especially
the "Images" and "CRIT" one. Also, the crit itself is in sources' crit/ dir and it
uses the lib/py/ stuff heavily.

Adrian, do you have anything to add?

Ah, we have a quick-start-guide :) here: https://criu.org/GSoC_Students_Recommendations

> Also, what IDEs are you guys using for daily development?

I believe most (if not all) of use just use a text editor and shell :)