[CRIU] GSoC 2019 application

Harshavardhan Unnibhavi hvubfoss at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 13:29:28 MSK 2019

Hello,
I am Harshavardhan Unnibhavi, an undergrad student from India. I am
interested in contributing to CRIU as part of GSoC 2019. I am interested in
the project on Optimizing the pre-dump algorithm. I have gone through the
codebase and the links in the project description, and have pretty much
understood the current working of the pre-dump algorithm.

I have a few questions regarding the process for GSoC:
1) What is the process for selection into CRIU?
2) Are previous contributions necessary to get selected into CRIU as part
of GSoC?
3) What are skills apart from C, are necessary for the project?

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,
Harsha