[CRIU] Page Cache

Diyu Zhou zhoudiyupku at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 21:55:48 MSK 2019

Hi Andrei,

Thanks for your reply. The use case I'm considering is to use CRIU for fault
tolerance. Suppose CRIU checkpoint the state of the process of interest and
send the state to a backup machine. The state CRIU checkpoint must include
the
page cache, otherwise, during fail over, the restored state is not
consistent
with the disk state.

I agree with you that the probably best way to handle page cache is to
perform
sync before checkpoint. I just want to confirm that CRIU does not handle
page
cache and thanks for your help!

Best,
Diyu