[CRIU] CRIU built without CONFIG_COMPAT - can't C/R compatible tasks

Radostin Stoyanov rstoyanov1 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 12:12:24 MSK 2019

Hi Damodharan,

On 21/12/2019 23:48, Damodharan Mohanrajan wrote:
> Dear team,
>         I got an error message when i ran '$criu check --all' command.
> I haveincluded the details as below. Please help me with this. I'm
> struck on my university thesis and have to finish and submit by next
> week. A great thanks to you for anyhelp you do. I'm ready to give any
> further details from my side.
>
> Command: $ sudo criu check --all
>
> Error:
> Warn  (criu/cr-check.c:850): Dirty tracking is OFF. Memory snapshot
> will not work.
> Warn  (criu/cr-check.c:1231): Do not have API to map vDSO - will use
> mremap() to restore vDSO
> Warn  (criu/cr-check.c:1199): CRIU built without CONFIG_COMPAT - can't
> C/R compatible tasks
> Looks good but some kernel features are missing
> which, depending on your process tree, may cause
> dump or restore failure.

As the message above indicates, some features in your kernel are not
enabled. In order to enable these you will need to recompile your kernel.

https://criu.org/Linux_kernel

However, these features are not compulsory for checkpoint/restore and
you might be able to achieve container migration using this kernel. I
would recommend to first try with a simple Alpine container.