[CRIU] CRIU built without CONFIG_COMPAT - can't C/R compatible tasks

Damodharan Mohanrajan mail.damo.be at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 02:48:22 MSK 2019

Dear team,
        I got an error message when i ran '$criu check --all' command. I
haveincluded the details as below. Please help me with this. I'm struck on
my university thesis and have to finish and submit by next week. A great
thanks to you for anyhelp you do. I'm ready to give any further details
from my side.

Command: $ sudo criu check --all

Error:
Warn  (criu/cr-check.c:850): Dirty tracking is OFF. Memory snapshot will
not work.
Warn  (criu/cr-check.c:1231): Do not have API to map vDSO - will use
mremap() to restore vDSO
Warn  (criu/cr-check.c:1199): CRIU built without CONFIG_COMPAT - can't C/R
compatible tasks
Looks good but some kernel features are missing
which, depending on your process tree, may cause
dump or restore failure.

Details are below:

My device: Raspberry pi-4 (4GB version) (Arm64 based)
My platform(OS): ubuntu-19.10-preinstalled-server-arm64+raspi3.img
Output of $uname -r : 5.3.0-1007-raspi2
Output of $uname -a: Linux server-2 5.3.0-1007-raspi2 #8-Ubuntu SMP Thu Oct
10 12:42:47 UTC 2019 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux
I'm Trying to achieve Live Lxc container migration from one raspberry pi to
another raspberry pi.
I've downloaded the dependencies, git clone as per the instructions in the
website and did '$make' and '$make install' commands.

--
Thanks & Regards
Damodharan.