[CRIU] Abandoned features in criu-dev

Andrei Vagin avagin at virtuozzo.com
Thu May 24 23:58:22 MSK 2018

Hello,

criu-dev contains more than 400 patches over the master branch.

$ git diff origin/master..origin/criu-dev --stat criu/

It is really too much and I don't want to spend my time rebasing this
code, if nobody else cares of it.

I suggest to create a new policy. If a feature was abandoned for more
than three months, the question about its excluding is discussed in the
mailing list. If it is abandoned for six months, it is excluded
automatically. "excluded" means moving in a separate branch.

What do you think about this policy? Any comments are welcome!

Firsts candidates for exclusion are:
1. netsted-namespaces (pid and userns)
2. The check-only mode

BTW: Here is a check list for new features:
https://criu.org/New_features_checklist

Thanks,
Andrei