[CRIU] Help on CRIU , P.haul and docker migration

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at virtuozzo.com
Tue Feb 28 07:21:26 PST 2017

On 02/28/2017 10:38 AM, Bhakti Bohara wrote:
> Hello All
>
> I am attempting to live migrate the docker containers using the below tutorial
>
> https://github.com/xemul/p.haul/blob/master/test/docker/HOWTO
>
> I am getting the below error when I run
>
> ubuntu at ubuntu-VM:~/Downloads/p.haul$ ./p.haul-service
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./p.haul-service", line 6, in <module>
>     import phaul.args_parser
>   File "/home/ubuntu/Downloads/p.haul/phaul/args_parser.py", line 8, in <module>
>     import criu_api
>   File "/home/ubuntu/Downloads/p.haul/phaul/criu_api.py", line 15, in <module>
>     import criu_req
>   File "/home/ubuntu/Downloads/p.haul/phaul/criu_req.py", line 5, in <module>
>     import pycriu.rpc_pb2
> ImportError: No module named rpc_pb2

This particular error means, that the criu's images/rpc.proto file compiled
for python is not found.

> I have installed following packages .
>
> CRIU  - gcc , protobuf , protobuf-c , protobuf-c-devel
> p.haul - python , python-rpyc , protobuf-python
>

> Has any one seen the similar error?

Ouch :( Bhakti, this Docker extension was not supposed to be supported and
yes, can be broken at the moment. The up-to-date sate of live migration in
Docker is -- it's not there, but the plan is to start writing it with the
help of https://lists.openvz.org/pipermail/criu/2017-February/035718.html, so
you're welcome to join.