[CRIU] Help on CRIU , P.haul and docker migration

Veronika Kabatova vkabatov at redhat.com
Tue Feb 28 07:12:40 PST 2017

----- Original Message -----

Hi, I encountered this error on RHEL and I'm fairly sure it had same source
as yours. With criu commit f3e412f9004486cbfab285bedf8d47d421551f8a, rpc module
was renamed to rpc_pb2 and p.haul commit 4c730d81305809572959094fb0442d57aafc0211
reflected on this change.

If you have installed criu package from your distro's repository and not from
git, it's possible this change is not included in the version available. For
a simple workaround you can revert the p.haul commit (just change all
"import pycriu.rpc_pb2" lines to "import pycriu.rpc") and it works well with
older criu versions -- at least in my case it did.

Of course you can build criu yourself and point p.haul to right files / replace
the original ones.

Hope this helps you solve the issue, if not try to include package versions so
someone else can help you more :)

-- Veronika Kabatova